Skip to main content
Healthcare and the College Nurse

Health and Wellbeing (College Nurse)

The College Nurse, Taryn Rothwell, is available for both undergraduates and postgraduates to help with a wide variety of health and welfare needs, including help and advice with minor illnesses and injuries. If more specialised help or treatment is required, she will help refer you or point you in the right direction whether via your GP, the University Counselling Service, or another local service. 

If you have an ongoing health condition please contact Taryn at the earliest opportunity, to discuss your needs and the support available. It is especially important for any student who has a (potentially) serious condition or an increased susceptibility to infectious diseases to contact her as soon as possible in order to provide the support you might need during your stay in Cambridge. 

Arranging an Appointment

If you need to make an apt to see Taryn please fill in the following form Health and Wellbeing Sign-up Form.

The service operates on an appointment basis. Please do not come to the Health and Wellbeing Centre without a pre-booked appointment as you will not be seen.

Health Information

Getting medical care as a student

Managing Allergies at University | Anaphylaxis UK

Vaccination | Student Support (

Accident and Emergency or 999

In an emergency the nearest Accident & Emergency Department is at Addenbrooke's Hospital. An emergency is a condition such as a suspected broken bone, road accident, a severe wound that requires stitching, suspected heart attack or any other life-threatening condition. Please use this service appropriately.

You should only call 999 in an emergency. If it is not a life-threatening situation, consider the other options available to you.

NHS 111

111 is the NHS non-emergency number.

First Response Service (FRS)

The FRS supports people experiencing a mental health crisis. FRS provides 24-hour access, seven days a week, 365 days a year, to mental health care, advice, support and treatment. By calling 111, and selecting option 2, you will be put through to a member of the FRS who will speak to you and discuss your current mental health needs.

Local Hospital

Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge
T 01223 245151

To contact the emergency services (fire, police or ambulance) telephone 999. You should only call 999 in an emergency. 

The Porters must be informed in an emergency to help deliver care and to ensure that the emergency services are promptly directed when necessary.