During the COVID-19 pandemic
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and in accordance with advice from Public Health England, we have cancelled all in-person access and outreach events.
Throughout this time the College and the wider University are still committed to encouraging young people with the academic potential and enthusiasm to succeed at university to apply regardless of school or background.
The following resources have been prepared for students and teachers and we will keep this page updated as more resources are created. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
We also have a list of further resources for those in our Link Areas (Merseyside and North Wales) which you can request via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Cambridge YouTube Channel - including videos about many aspects of life at Cambridge, from the interview process to the first 48 hours of life at Cambridge.
- Sidney Sussex YouTube Channel - Discover more about applying to university and the undergraduate admissions process with these four videos from our former SLO, Sandy Mill.
- Teachers' and Advisers' Conference Webinar Series - To support Teachers and Advisers in their roles as they help prepare their students for applications to Cambridge, the University will be running four sessions throughout the first two weeks in July 2020.
- Careers and HE online sessions from Peterhouse - prepared by our colleagues at Peterhouse, these resources are available on request to any UK state school, regardless of Link Area affiliation.
- Resources made available due to COVID-19 - A collection of academic resources with open access currently. Mainly targeted at higher levels (A Level/University level).
- www.applytocambridge.com - the University's Alternative Prospectus, written by the students. It contains a student perspective on each course and college.
- Ask-A-Student - run by CUSU (Cambridge University Students Union). You can send a message to the page and it will be passed on to a current Cambridge Student, who will respond to you.
- InsideUni - A student-led project with application advice from Cambridge students.
- HE+ is an access initiative run by the University. You’ll find online resources for a variety of subjects as well as useful additional reading and information for people interested in applying.
- Oxford & Cambridge Collaborative Outreach Network - Events and resources from the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford.
- Super-curricular suggestions - Learn more about the subjects offered at the University of Cambridge: a selection of suggested reading lists and resources from departmental and College websites, other universities and sources on the internet.
- Webinar archive - including Q&A sessions with current students, admissions Q&A and making competitive applications.