Dates and deadlines
There are a number of key dates and deadlines along the way and it is essential that you meet these if you want a chance of your application succeeding.
The UCAS deadline for applying to Oxford and Cambridge is earlier than for other universities. The deadline for applications this year is 6.00 pm GMT on 15 October 2020.
Please find below the key dates and deadlines for the 2020-21 admissions round, for entry in October 2021 or deferred entry in October 2022.
**Email correspondence from us may be classed by your email server as being spam. Please check your junk emails regularly**
2019-2020 Admissions Round
- 15 April: Deadline for challenges to fee status categorisation
- 28 April: Deadline for completed DBS applications to be returned to the College (Medicine and Veterinary Medicine offer holders only)
- 30 April: Deadline for Financial Guarantees/confirmation of loan eligibility from Student Finance England
- 31 July: Deadline for IELTS conditions to be met by offer holders
- 13 August: Publication of A-level and STEP results
- 14 August: Summer Pool
- 31 August: Deadline for successful re-marks and all offer conditions to be met
- 1 October: Start of the new academic year
- 1-31 October: Files of unsuccessful applicants destroyed in line with Data Protection Policy
2020-2021 Admissions Round
- 1 September: UCAS and COPA deadline for applicants for Organ Scholarships
- 20 September: UCAS and COPA deadline for applicants for interview in Malaysia and Singapore
- 1 October: Deadline for Medicine applicants to register for the BMAT
- 15 October: Deadline for UCAS applications (6.00 pm GMT)
- 15 October: Deadline for registration for pre-interview assessments
- 19 October: Deadline for COPA submissions for overseas applicants for interview in Cambridge, Canada, Hong Kong, India, PR China or USA
- 22 October: Deadline for submission of SAQ for most candidates
- 4 November: ELAT and BMAT pre-interview assessments taken
- 5 November: ECAA, ENGAA, NSAA, CTMUA, and TSA: Section 1pre-interview assessments taken
- 5 November: Deadline for submission of written work in relevant subjects
- 13 November: Deadline for submission of Feedback and Confidentiality Form, Disability Allowances Form, and, if relevant, any UMS marks already achieved.
- The majority of interviews will take place in the first three weeks of December.
- Early January: A small number of interviews may take place in the first two weeks of January.
- Early January: Winter Pool
- (TBC): Winter Pool interviews, as necessary
- (TBC): Decisions on interviews (if you have had a pool interview, your decision may not arrive until a few days later)
- (TBC): Deadline for requests for feedback from unsuccessful applicants
- 15 February: Deadline for applications for Choral Awards
- 28 February: Deadline for applications for Instrumental Award
- TBC: Deadline for IELTS conditions to be met by offer holders
- (TBC): Publication of A-level and STEP results
- (TBC): Summer Pool
- (TBC)t: Deadline for successful re-marks and all offer conditions to be met