Back a Book Donation Form
Thank you for choosing to support Back a Book. The book conservation work is vital to ensure that our historic library collections can be studied and exhibited for years to come.
The cost of conservation for each item is stated below. For those who support the conservation of an item in full, we will recognise this generous contribution in the following ways:
- a 'Conservation Report' outlining the work undertaken on the item, with 'before and after' photos for personal study
- acknowledgement in the online catalogue record of the book, if applicable (currently printed books only)
- an acknowledgement in the Pepys Library section of the college website and the 'Friends of the Pepys Library' Newsletter
If you would like to back a book in full please note down the title in the textbox on the form.
Items for Conservation and cost to conserve
- ‘The scripture account of the eternal rewards or punishments..’ by Henry Dodwell, 1708 (Old Library) - Cost to conserve: £495.00
- ‘Letter to Mr Dodwell, concerning the immortality of the soul of Man’ by John Norris, 1709 (Old Library) - Cost to conserve: £190.00
- ‘V. Cl. Gulielmi Camdeni, et illustrium virorum ad G. Camdenum Epistolæ’ by William Camden, 1691 (Old Library) - Cost to conserve: £300.00
- A collection of six tracts including ‘Practyse of prelates’ by William Tyndale, c.1549, with handwritten contents page by former Master of Magdalene James Duport (Old Library) - Cost to conserve: £950.00
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold. Your data is used by us for alumni and supporter relations, and for fundraising. Please read our full data protection statement.
By submitting this donation form, you indicate your consent to receiving email marketing messages from us, including but not limited to event invitations and our termly e-newsletter Magdalene eMatters. If you would like to withdraw this permission at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us. All donors who give before the end of each financial year (the end of June) will be listed in the Annual Donors Report unless the Development Office is informed that the gift was given anonymously.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator. Please read our fundraising promise.