Sadly, the Chapel is closed to visitors except to Members of the College on site. We look forward to extending our customary welcome to members of the public but regret that we are unable to do so at the present time.
For current students and resident Members
The second half of Easter Term has brought more opportunity to meet in person, but online worship also continues.
Chapel is open for worship and stillness
- Drop-in anytime for some peace and to light a candle
- Sunday 9.30am Morning Chapel - followed by light breakfast in Second Court, and streamed (Zoom link from the Chaplain)
- Wednesdays 12.30pm Midday Silence 15 mins of guided silent prayer
- Thursdays 9.00pm Night prayer, 20 minutes, candlelit in Chapel
- Monday to Friday Morning Prayer in Chapel 8.30am, a well-worn rhythm of liturgy and scripture
The College thanks the Rector and PCC of St Giles for their continued hospitality at this time.
From 31 May, current students and resident members may book to attend Choral Evensong in person on Sundays at 6.00pm at St Giles’s Church, next door to Magdalene. The service is livestreamed for all at the Chapel Youtube Channel. Members of the College are invited to book to attend.
31 May, Trinity Sunday: the preacher is Dr Pui Him Ip, Tutor and Research Fellow, the Faraday Institute for Science & Religion; Affiliated Lecturer, Faculty of Divinity; Research Associate, St Edmund’s
6 June: the preacher is Fr Dragos Herescu, Principal of Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge; Parish Priest of the St John the Evangelist Romanian Orthodox Church (at St Giles)
13 June: the preacher is the Chaplain
20 June: Final Sunday morning Eucharist of the year
24 June: Choir Leavers’ Evensong 6.00pm at St Giles
2 July: Graduands Service (TBC)