Magdalene employs a diverse range of people, all current job non-academic vacancies at Magdalene are listed on this page.
Application Forms can be found at the bottom of the page. Completed forms should be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or email@example.com.
Demi Chef de Partie
Magdalene College wishes to appoint a Demi Chef de Partie to join our team of Chefs to assist in the preparation of food for students, Fellows, staff and guests. The style of catering required varies from the provision of haute cuisine for the High Table in Hall and for special events to cafeteria-style meal provision.
Candidates must have a recognised professional cookery qualification and experience of producing excellent food in a similar setting.
The position attracts a salary of £19,155 p.a. plus discretionary annual bonus and excellent benefits including pension scheme, meals on duty, uniform, cycle to work scheme and 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £19,155 p.a
Interview Date: TBC
Casual Kitchen Porter
Magdalene College is looking for casual staff to work as a Kitchen Porters in our team of catering staff. The Catering Team is responsible for the production of food for students, Fellows, staff and guests and the Kitchen Porter will work closely with the rest of the Team to ensure that food preparation areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
We would like to hear from candidates with previous experience in a busy kitchen or food services environment, who have good team-working abilities, a commitment to customer service and are able to work well under pressure.
This is a casual position and hours are ad hoc and will vary week to week.
Please contact Gary Wren, Head Chef on 01223 32121 for an informal chat, or for further details and how to apply.
Hours: Ad hoc, will vary week to week.
Salary: £7.70 - £8.21 per hour
The College seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified electrician to work as part of a small in-house house team providing a day to day electrician service to buildings within the College’s main site and adjacent College owned outside properties. The work may be on a reactive basis fixing faults or replacing equipment but also managing a programme of routine testing and ongoing maintenance.
The post holder should have Qualified to 18th edition standards, it is desirable they are trained to City & Guilds 2391 (Inspection, Testing and Certification) and they should have knowledge of safe working practices.
A full job description and person specification can be found on our website.
25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 p.a depending on skills and experience.
Interview Date: TBC
Further Notes for All Applicants
- Application forms received after the closing date will not be submitted for shortlisting.
- Do NOT send a CV with your application form (unless otherwise stated), only fully completed application forms will be submitted for shortlisting.
- You may be required to bring proof of any requested qualifications as detailed in the job description to interview.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK is required to be shown at the interview stage.
- Please ensure you read the job description carefully and explain in your application how you meet the requirements described.
- Please ensure you complete the application form fully and clearly (typed applications or BLOCK CAPITALS are preferred).
- Completed application forms to be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or firstname.lastname@example.org.