Magdalene employs a diverse range of people in a diverse range of roles, all current non-academic vacancies at Magdalene are listed on this page.
Application Forms can be found at the bottom of the page. Completed forms should be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magdalene College wishes to appoint a College Porter to assist the Head porter in ensuring the provision of effective and efficient reception, security, fire and emergency, telephone answering and mail delivery service for the College and its associated buildings.
The main Porters’ Lodge is based in Magdalene Street and is staffed 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. The Porters’ Lodge operates on a shift system of 5 shifts on followed by 5 shifts off.
The Porters’ Lodge is the reception point for visitors and it is essential that our porters are polite, helpful and welcoming to all who need assistance. Applicants must have customer service experience, be IT literate and have the ability to remain calm and solve problems in challenging situations.
The position attracts a salary of £21,723 plus excellent benefits including pension scheme, meals on duty, generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, and the use of sports facilities and the gym and College punts during the summer.
Applications should be made by sending a fully completed application form to HR@magd.cam.ac.uk. Should you require any further information, please contact the Head Porter, Mr Ryan Carter, or Deputy Head Porter, Mr Mike Dyke, on 01223 332172.
Hours: Full time
Salary: £21,723 p.a
Interview date: TBC
Application deadline: Tuesday 31 March 2020, 9am
Casual Kitchen Porter
Magdalene College is looking for casual staff to work as a Kitchen Porters in our team of catering staff. The Catering Team is responsible for the production of food for students, Fellows, staff and guests and the Kitchen Porter will work closely with the rest of the Team to ensure that food preparation areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
We would like to hear from candidates with previous experience in a busy kitchen or food services environment, who have good team-working abilities, a commitment to customer service and are able to work well under pressure.
This is a casual position and hours are ad hoc and will vary week to week.
Please contact Gary Wren, Head Chef on 01223 32121 for an informal chat, or for further details and how to apply.
Hours: Ad hoc, will vary week to week.
Salary: £7.70 - £8.21 per hour
Further Notes for All Applicants
- Application forms received after the closing date will not be submitted for shortlisting.
- Do NOT send a CV with your application form (unless otherwise stated), only fully completed application forms will be submitted for shortlisting.
- You may be required to bring proof of any requested qualifications as detailed in the job description to interview.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK is required to be shown at the interview stage.
- Please ensure you read the job description carefully and explain in your application how you meet the requirements described.
- Please ensure you complete the application form fully and clearly (typed applications or BLOCK CAPITALS are preferred).
- Completed application forms to be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or email@example.com.