The College employs a diverse range of people in a diverse range of roles, all current non-academic vacancies at Magdalene are listed on this page.
Head of Building Services
Magdalene College wishes to appoint a Head of Building Services to take responsibility for the maintenance of all College buildings, to provide advice to College Officers in respect of technical matters on building services, and to ensure that the Maintenance department is run effectively, efficiently and the services are delivered to members of the College to the highest of standards.
The position is responsible for the effective running of the department, delivery of reactive maintenance services and for assisting in the preparation and part delivery of the planned maintenance/improvements programme. The post-holder will act as site agent for specifically allocated projects. Responsibility exists for ensuring staff are aware of and comply with relevant regulations.
The Head of Building Services shall also be the College’s Health and Safety Officer which involves being responsible for maintaining safe systems of work across the College and ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
The position is full-time, 40 hours a week, and attracts a salary of up to £53,000 p.a and excellent benefits including contributory pension scheme, lunch on duty, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, and the use of sports facilities and the gym and College punts during the summer.
Applications should be made by sending a CV, completed application form (available at the bottom of this page), and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 28 September 2020
Application Forms can be found at the bottom of this page. Completed forms should be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further Notes for All Applicants
- Application forms received after the closing date will not be submitted for shortlisting.
- Do NOT send a CV with your application form (unless otherwise stated), only fully completed application forms will be submitted for shortlisting.
- You may be required to bring proof of any requested qualifications as detailed in the job description to interview.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK is required to be shown at the interview stage.
- Please ensure you read the job description carefully and explain in your application how you meet the requirements described.
- Please ensure you complete the application form fully and clearly (typed applications or BLOCK CAPITALS are preferred).
- Completed application forms to be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or email@example.com.