Magdalene employs a diverse range of people in a diverse range of roles, all current non-academic vacancies at Magdalene are listed on this page.
Application Forms can be found at the bottom of the page. Completed forms should be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or email@example.com.
The College is seeking a part-time Housekeeping Assistant to work in all areas of the College. The post is to work during the full term dates from January 2020 until December 2021. Additional hours may be available during the summer months.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our friendly Housekeeping Team to keep our College sparkling and spotless. Candidates must have previous cleaning experience, be enthusiastic, hard-working and have a keen eye for detail. A friendly disposition and courteous manner are also essential for this role, along with the ability to work weekends.
Previous experience in a College environment would be desirable, but is not essential.
Benefits include 33 days holidays including bank holidays pro rata, a generous pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, and free lunch when four or more hours are worked a day (when the kitchens are open).
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week during full term time only
Salary: £9.32 per hour
Application Deadline: Tuesday 10 December, 9am
Interview Date: TBC
Casual Kitchen Porter
Magdalene College is looking for casual staff to work as a Kitchen Porters in our team of catering staff. The Catering Team is responsible for the production of food for students, Fellows, staff and guests and the Kitchen Porter will work closely with the rest of the Team to ensure that food preparation areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
We would like to hear from candidates with previous experience in a busy kitchen or food services environment, who have good team-working abilities, a commitment to customer service and are able to work well under pressure.
This is a casual position and hours are ad hoc and will vary week to week.
Please contact Gary Wren, Head Chef on 01223 32121 for an informal chat, or for further details and how to apply.
Hours: Ad hoc, will vary week to week.
Salary: £7.70 - £8.21 per hour
The College seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified electrician to work as part of a small in-house house team providing a day to day electrician service to buildings within the College’s main site and adjacent College owned outside properties. The work may be on a reactive basis fixing faults or replacing equipment but also managing a programme of routine testing and ongoing maintenance.
The post holder should have Qualified to 18th edition standards, it is desirable they are trained to City & Guilds 2391 (Inspection, Testing and Certification) and they should have knowledge of safe working practices.
A full job description and person specification can be found on our website.
25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 p.a depending on skills and experience.
Interview Date: TBC
Further Notes for All Applicants
- Application forms received after the closing date will not be submitted for shortlisting.
- Do NOT send a CV with your application form (unless otherwise stated), only fully completed application forms will be submitted for shortlisting.
- You may be required to bring proof of any requested qualifications as detailed in the job description to interview.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK is required to be shown at the interview stage.
- Please ensure you read the job description carefully and explain in your application how you meet the requirements described.
- Please ensure you complete the application form fully and clearly (typed applications or BLOCK CAPITALS are preferred).
- Completed application forms to be returned to: HR Secretary, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG or firstname.lastname@example.org.