Working at Magdalene College
There are approximately 120 staff in total working for Magdalene College, including full time employees, part time employees and casual workers. In addition to the academic staff, the College employs staff in a variety of different departments including clerical staff, conference and events, gardens, porters, housekeeping, kitchens and maintenance. Despite the diverse range of job roles, there is a collective focus of the College’s common aim - the pursuit of excellence.
Magdalene is a friendly place to work and has a warm atmosphere. The site has the benefit of an impressive mix of buildings and an excellent location within the city. Magdalene is lucky to have one of the most beautiful riverside locations in Cambridge with formal and informal gardens, offering a unique setting for both staff and students.
The benefits of working at Magdalene College include:
- 33 days’ annual leave, including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for Part-time appointments)
- Membership of an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme, subject to meeting the relevant criteria
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- College Sick Pay
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay after 12 months service
- Free staff meals and refreshments (for staff working 4 hours+ per day)
- Free uniform (for certain posts)
- Free onsite parking (where available)
- College gym
- College Social Club
- Miscellaneous College community events and celebrations
- A friendly working environment
- Pleasant surroundings
Magdalene College is an equal opportunities employer. Please see our Equal Opportunities Policy and Staff Handbook for further information.