Magdalene Matters: Issue 48
Magdalene Matters is the College's alumni and friends newsletter.
Published by the Alumni and Development Office Magdalene Matters covers a range of topics including College, Members' and development news, feature articles and information on upcoming College events.
In this issue
- USA Choir Tour, by Mr Graham Walker (2016), Director of Music
Read all about the choir tour to the USA.
- Nuclear Powerhouse, by Mr Adrian Bull (1980)
Magdalene Member, Mr Adrian Bull (1980) has been awarded an MBE for services to the development of public understanding in nuclear research. Read about his career in the nuclear industry.
- Up Close with the Only Surviving Wonder of the Ancient World, by Professor Michael Scott (2003)
Professor of Classics and BBC presenter, Professor Michael Scott ventures inside the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Disruptive Technology, by Mr Charles Brasted (1998)
Mr Charles Brasted (1998), is a constitutional and administrative lawyer and recently led the case on behalf of Uber to secure a new license to continue operating in London, he writes about disruptive technology and regulation.
- From Magdalene to the Indus Civilisation: Archaeological Research In India, by Mr Alessandro Ceccarelli (2006)
For his PhD research, Alessandro is working on producers, crafts and technologies of the Indus Civilisation (2500–1900 BC) in northwest India, read all about his research.
- Exciting Times, by Miss Leaf Arbuthnot (2010)
Journalist Leaf Arbuthnot writes about the writing of her new novel due to be published in spring 2020