Congregation Dates 2017-18
The information on this page relates to the Congregations which are held throughout the year for candidates taking higher degrees (MA, MPhil, MBA, PhD etc) and those eligible, but unable, to attend General Admission.
If you are graduating with an M.Eng., M.Math., M.Sci., Vet.M.B., B.A., B.Th., please see the General Admissions information.
All ceremonies are on Saturdays, except General Admission and July's ceremony.
Whether you choose to graduate in person or in absence you will need to complete the appropriate application form and send any required payment to the Praelector’s Secretary at least three weeks prior to your chosen ceremony.
Degree Ceremonies 2017-18
Dates in bold indicate dates on which Magdalene candidates may take their degrees in person. Degrees may also be taken in absentia on any of the dates listed except for General Admission.
Michaelmas Term 2017
- 21 October 2017 - application deadline 29 September 2017
- 25 November 207 - application deadline 3 November 2017
Lent Term 2018
- 27 January 2018 - application deadline 5 January 2018
- 24 February 2018 - application deadline 2 February 2018
- 24 March 2018 - application deadline 2 March 2018
- 7 April 2018 - application deadline 16 March 2018
Easter Term 2018
- 28 April 2018 - application deadline 6 April 2018
- 19 May 2018 (M.A. Day) - application deadline 27 April 2018
M.Eng, M.Sci., M.Math., Vet.M.B., B.A., and B.Th Degrees only
- 27 June 2018
- 28 June 2018
- 29 June 2018
- 30 June 2018
Long Vacation 2018
- 20 July 2018 - application deadline 29 June 2018
If you are intending to take a Degree for which you have received approval from the Board of Graduate Studies, please get in touch with the Praelector’s Secretary in the College Office well in advance of your preferred ceremony date, applications must be received by the application deadline before the relevant congregation.
T 01223 332107